Before Your Procedure
Shortly before your scheduled procedure, a representative from Methodist Allen Surgery Center will call to confirm details of your appointment. If we can’t reach you, please be sure to call us no later than the day before surgery. We’ll need to know about current and past medical conditions, current medications and allergies. This is also the perfect opportunity to discuss any questions or special needs you may have.
- Your physician will tell you when to stop eating and drinking before your procedure.
- If you routinely take any medication, whether prescription or over-the-counter, ask your physician if it’s okay to take the day of your procedure.
- For female patients, let your doctor know if there’s any chance you could be pregnant.
- As a precaution, you should leave valuables like watches, jewelry and wallets at home.
- Tell your physician if there’s any change in your health (cold, fever, sore throat, etc.).
- Stay safe! Plan to have an adult drive you home afterwards, as you will not be permitted to drive.